st: How to count switches ?

From   Ignacio Martinez <ignacio@virginia.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How to count switches ?
Date   Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:20:50 -0400

Hi I'm new in the list and I hope someone can help me.

I would like to know how can I count switches in stata. I have the
following variables: Year, ID, Employment status
I want to generate a variable that ==1 if employment status in year t !=
to employment status in year t-1 for each individual.

Thanks a lot for the help.

-Ignacio