st: xtgls: SUR estimation; censoring a sample

From   Jason Hecht <>
Subject   st: xtgls: SUR estimation; censoring a sample
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:42:23 -0400

1.  To estimate a panel SUR in xtgls, I believe you need a balanced
sample.  What is the easiest way to do this?

2.  In xtreg:  how can I exclude the top and bottom 1% of my dependent
variable values from the model?

Thanks so much.