st: RE: adding line y=x

From   "Ivana Templado" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: adding line y=x
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:25:16 -0300

Jephs, try with

twoway scatter var1 var2 || function y = x, ra(var1) clpat(dash)

I found it looking for something else, but I think it is what are you
looking for.
Ivana

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] En nombre de Jeph Herrin
Enviado el: Viernes, 25 de Junio de 2010 10:06 a.m.
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: st: adding line y=x

Is there an easier way to do this? I am trying to
add the canonical line y=x to a twoway scatter plot
of -var2- vs -var1-; here's the briefest approach:

   twoway (scatter var2 var1) (line var2 var2)

The biggest problem with this is that -var1- and -var2- range
from about 2 up to 20, whereas I'd like my line to extend
from the origin (0,0). To do that, I have to add an observation
which contains the origin, and then arrange things so that
the observation is excluded from the scatter plot. The other
problems stem from overlaying two graphs, which means that
for example I have to fiddle with the labelling on the yaxis,
because -twoway- doesn't give precedence to the -scatter- plot.

Is there not a simpler way to simply add the diagonal to
a scatter plot? If not, I would suggest that this would be
a useful feature, much like -yline(), -xline(), and -tline()-
which add vertical and horizontal lines.

cheers,
Jeph

database 5226 (20100624) __________

http://www.eset.com