st: RE: Modifying the font size of the labels of a categorical variable

Subject   st: RE: Modifying the font size of the labels of a categorical variable
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:35:42 +0200

<>

Are you talking about the entries in the -legend-? I cannot see any other
labels for the sectors...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of A Loumiotis
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2010 13:31
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Modifying the font size of the labels of a categorical variable

Hi,
Is there an option in graph bar that I can use to modify the font size
of the labels of a categorical variable when the bars of this variable
are stacked?
Here is an example (modification of an example that Nick Cox has
provided) of what I have in mind:

clear
set obs 1000
egen id = seq(), block(10)
egen time = seq(), to(10)
format time %tq
gen time2=string(time, "%tq")
gen sector = ceil(3 * runiform())
bysort id: replace sector=sector[1]
label define sector 1 "SECTOR 1" 2 "SECTOR 2" 3 "SECTOR 3"
label values sector sector
gen sales=exp(rnormal())*1000
graph bar (sum) sales, over(sector, label(labsize(vsmall)))
over(time2, label(labsize(vsmall))) asyvars stack

The options above for the bar graph adjust the font size of the time2
variable values, but the font size of the labels of the variable
sector that the bars are stacked are not adjusted even though I
believe I have included such an option [ over(sector,
label(labsize(vsmall))) ]  .  What do I do wrong?

Thanks,
Antonis