Re: st: RE: Large data set that won't open

From   Neil Shephard <nshephard@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: Large data set that won't open
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:08:21 +0000

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Sure. There is a difference between -ls-, the Stata command, and -ls- as
> an OS command or utility used outside Stata.
>
> In my experience, the routine use of -ls- usually signals a Unix mindset
> if not a Unix machine.

One that I'm perpetually stuck in!

The give away in the original post was the directory path.

Neil

--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he

Email - nshephard@gmail.com
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/