Re: st: RE: Large data set that won't open

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Large data set that won't open
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:08:21 +0000

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Nick Cox <> wrote:
> Sure. There is a difference between -ls-, the Stata command, and -ls- as
> an OS command or utility used outside Stata.
> In my experience, the routine use of -ls- usually signals a Unix mindset
> if not a Unix machine.

One that I'm perpetually stuck in!

The give away in the original post was the directory path.

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -