st: model fit comparison for xtgee

Subject   st: model fit comparison for xtgee
Date   23 Jun 2010 14:01:13 -0500

I am comparing two xtgee models to see how much explanatory power has increased by adding a block of variables. I did a hausman test and the null hypothesis was rejected. I do want to know how much more variance was explained by the new variables. Can the xtgee generate something like r-square type model fit index. Or is there anyway I can come up with some formal indicators for improvement in model fit under the new model.

Thanks in advance. Terry *