st: RE: 3 dimensions plot after pca

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: 3 dimensions plot after pca
Date   Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:12:08 +0100

Stata does not provide much (officially, none) support for 3-D graphics
and what there is that is user-written does not match in quality what is
readily available elsewhere.

In this particular case, the data points defining PCs are most unlikely
to define a smooth surface (and if they do, PCA is the wrong method) and
so any 3-D view is unlikely to be much good in any case. I'd suggest a
scatter plot matrix as probably a much better bet.

After running pca I need to plot the PC scores of the firs three PC. Is
possible to have three dimensions graphs?