st: AW: TS var command for panel data - error: repeated time values in sample

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: AW: TS var command for panel data - error: repeated time values in sample
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:28:10 +0200

<>

Note that -tsset- has a second syntax

tsset panelvar timevar [, options]

that lets you tell Stata that you have a panel structure.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Nicole
Ratzinger
Gesendet: Montag, 21. Juni 2010 09:10
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: st: TS var command for panel data - error: repeated time values in
sample

Hello,

I would like to use the TS var command, vector autoregressiv models. I
tried to tell Stata that I have time series data.
My data is structured as follows: Three years with approximately 450
company observations for each year. I have an identifier variable for
the companies and a time variable, year, and all the other variables
(unstructured panel data, each row a company observation). After telling
stata the time series structure of my data set I could use the lag
operator and other TS commands. However, if I  use the var command I get
the error 'Repeated time values in sample'. Is it possible to tell
stata, that the first 460 rows are the data for time point 200x and the
next 450 for the time period 200x+1? How can I use the var command for
my dataset?

Thanks in advances.
Nicole

--