st: AW: Fixed format question

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Fixed format question
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:27:35 +0200

You probably think in terms of the format in a famous spreadsheet software. Use Stata`s -round()- function to get what you want:

di %4.1f .015
di %4.2f .015
di %03.2f round(.015,.01)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Bob Fitzgerald
Gesendet: Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 20:14
Betreff: st: Fixed format question

For a report I need to have all numbers rounded and formatted to 2 decimal places. I expected
that for var1 = .015 formatted to 2 decimal places, .02 would be shown. However, applying
"format var1 %4.2f" and displaying var1 shows .01.

As an analogue, I tried the following:  var2=.15, to which I applied "format var2 %4.1".  The
resulting display is ".2".

Any hints about how to achieve my desired result would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.