st: RE: glm with bin family and link probit VS. probit

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: glm with bin family and link probit VS. probit
Date   Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:38:55 +0200

<>

Have you had a look at
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-11/msg00456.html ?

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of sun samn
Sent: Samstag, 19. Juni 2010 05:16
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: glm with bin family and link probit VS. probit

Hi, folks,
   as we all know that if y is binary, this two commands get the same
results:

glm y x, fam(bin) link(probit)

probit y x

How about for other types of y?

For my question,  y is fractional response, i.e, y has values between 0 and
1, those two command get two different results.

Does someone know the reason?
thanks,
sam