st: chi-square-test in matrix or crosstab

From   "Wetzel Martin" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: chi-square-test in matrix or crosstab
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:35:18 +0200

Dear stata-users,

I'm looking for a opportunity to make chi-square-tests of already acummulated data.
I have something like this

sysuse auto.dta, clear
tab2 rep78 foreign, matcell(A)

matrix list A

and now I want to test this matrix for statistical independence. If the matrix would always have the same size, I could use William Gould's (2006)*  mata-strategy, but it's looped over vars, so I could need a more flexible way.
Has anyone an idea?

Best regards,

* Gould (2006): Mata Matters: Interactive use. The Stata Journal 6 (3). pp. 387-396.

Martin Wetzel
Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung
der Bundesagentur für Arbeit (IAB)
Forschungsbereich E3 - Panel "Arbeitsmarkt und Soziale Sicherung" (PASS)
Regensburger Straße 104
90478 Nürnberg
Tel.: 0911 179 8028
Zimmer: eb-751