st: propensity score matching with ordered outcome variable

From   "Punpreecha" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: propensity score matching with ordered outcome variable
Date   Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:16:10 +0700

Hi all,
I have a question on propensity score matching for the outcome variable that is not in continous form. For example, I collected the survey data as follows. to find out if income for those living near border area is difference than those living far away.
Let's say I have outcome variable (income) likes this,
y = 1 when income less than 10000
  = 2 when income between 10001 and 20000
  = 3 when income between 20001 and 40000
  = 6 when  income more than 100000
My treatment variable t = 1 or 0  (being near border area is 1)
Set of covariates X are Age, Education, Housetype ...and so on

How can I do the matching in this case? will the "ordered outcome variable" cause any problem As i have seen in many literature they have continous variable for income variable, for example ATT? and how to interpret the result after matching and also How can I do the post matching regression? should I use ordered logit model in this case because my dependent variable is in ordered

Sorry if my english is not very good.
Thank you