Re: st: missing data?

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: missing data?
Date   Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 17/6/10, Sabrina Carrossa wrote:
> On the one hand I would use the second Db (B) because it is
> the only one that allow me to use the regional information in the
> longitudinal database (while in the Db A I have the regional
> information only in the cross-sectional one).
> On the other hand, I would like to be able to differentiate
> those that have not a specific good because they can't affort it from
> those that haven't a specific good for other reason.
> Do you think that appending the two Db (A and B) I can
> estimate these values for the Db B such as in a missing data case?

Yes, if you need a reference: Andrew Gelman; Gary King; Chuanhai Liu
(1998) "Not Asked and Not Answered: Multiple Imputation for Multiple
Surveys" Journal of the American Statistical Association, 93(443):

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen