Re: st: AW: panel data analysis

From   Neil Shephard <nshephard@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: panel data analysis
Date   Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:20:09 +0000

Unless you have a specific reason to there is no need to generate
dummy variables, you can instead list them as factor variables when
specifying your models.  Stata will generate dummy variables in the
background.  See -man factor variables- for more information.

Neil

--
"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he

Email - nshephard@gmail.com
Website - http://slack.ser.man.ac.uk/