Re: st: Clustering Standard Errors.

From   Nils Braakmann <nilsbraakmann@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Clustering Standard Errors.
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:19:08 +0200

Hi Natasha,

I guess the two approaches should give identical results (although I'm
not sure how two-way clustering is implemented in e.g. xtivreg2). The
-egen ... group()- approach essentially creates all possible
combinations of (in your case) industry and region and clusters on
that. In my understanding, two way clustering should do the same.

Best,
Nils