Re: st: Testing joint significance of fixed effects in presence of heteroskedasticity and auto-correlation

From   Christian Wagener <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Testing joint significance of fixed effects in presence of heteroskedasticity and auto-correlation
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:01:23 +0200

Thanks again for your help, we really appreciate it. Just two more
questions on your comment:

1. The use of "robust bw(4)" is - to our understanding - recommended
for large T, small N samples. Since we have small T and large N, is it
okay to replace "robust bw(4)" by "vce(cluster cluster_id)" in your
example? This has the side-effect mentioned earlier, that dfr drops to
the number of clusters-1.

2. In addition, we wonder why you suggest using "xtivreg2" instead of
"xtreg" in this context? To our knowledge, "xtivreg2" without
specification of an instrumental variable and "xtreg" differ with
regard to the conservatism in the adjustment of df - is that the
reason?

Thanks again,

Thomas and Christian