Re: st: AW: GLM family and link (default)

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: GLM family and link (default)
Date   Mon, 14 Jun 2010 04:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 14/6/10, wrote:
> I obtain these results with glm and probit commands:
> probit    newproc    edu    train    skilled    quality    RD    n5a
> rectech 12b    obst_admin    tax    j30f    environ    if    a4b==1
> note:    outcome    =    edu    <    0.75    predicts    data
> perfectly    except    for edu    ==    0.75    subsample:
> edu    dropped    and    4    obs    not    used
> note:    rectech    !=    0    predicts    success    perfectly
> rectech    dropped    and    7    obs    not    used

The problem is that some of your variables perfectly predict
you outcome. This makes it impossible to estimate the parameters
for those variables in a -logit- or -probit-. The natural solution
to that problem is to use -exlogistic- (see: -help exlogistic-).

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen