Re: st: Multinomial logit - not significant coefficents -

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multinomial logit - not significant coefficents -
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2010 18:57:55 -0300

Paolina,

you have significant estimatives only to some categories is a common
result of mult logit regression models. Note that you have a lot of
categories (10). Yu can try simply change the reference group too.
Other explanation you can see in Hoffmann, J.P. Generalized linear
models: an applied approach.

HTH,

Joao Lima

2010/6/13 Paolina Medina <[email protected]>:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running a multinomial logit with 10 possible outcomes.
> Some of the variables i am including are significant for the 6 first
> outcomes, but not for the last outcomes.
> Should i just keep the variables that are significant for all the
> possible outcomes and run the mlogit again?
> Is there anyway to use different regressor for the different possible
> outcomes? Would it be conceptually right?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paolina
> *