st: R: Difference of means and t-test

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <carlo.lazzaro@tiscalinet.it>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: R: Difference of means and t-test
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:15:41 +0200

For more details on how to perform a multiple-comparison test with the
apposite corrections, Mmolina may want to take a look at:
- help oneway -

HTH and Kind Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Per conto di
mmolina@uniroma3.it
Inviato: sabato 12 giugno 2010 23.41
A: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Oggetto: st: Difference of means and t-test

Dear Statalist,

I am working with three different samples.
When I deal with two of them, I can calculate the difference of means and
t-test by doing:

ttesti obs1 mean1 std1 obs2 mean2 std2, unequal

As I have three groups, I am also interested in testing the null: mean1 =
mean2 = mean3 , under the alternative that at least one mean is different.

Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.