R: st: R: compare median survival times? (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: R: compare median survival times? (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:12:41 +0200

Marty wrote:
"I'm not familiar with interval quantile regression, but will look into
it..."

Marty may want to take a look at: Koenker R. Quantile Regression. Cambridge
University Press, 2005: 250-255 (particularly).

HTH and Kind Regards,
Carlo
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Martin X
Inviato: venerdì 11 giugno 2010 16.48
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Re: st: R: compare median survival times? (flag: Stata 9.2/SE)

Thanks for your input, Carlo and Ronan. I agree with Ronan that the code
below will only compare survival functions with defined median survival
times. The hypothesis itself is motivated by my desire to be able to say
that half of group A survived 30 months and half of group B survived
20 months, and the 10 month difference between A and B is statistically
significant. I've already used cox reg to compare the survival functions
(and logistic reg to compare survival at a given time endpoint). Now, I just
want to be able to provide some "common language" results (i.e. months of
survival for half the group).

Any other thoughts on this? I'm not familiar with interval quantile
regression, but will look into it...

Thanks,
Marty