Re: st: Multistage sampling svyset

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <>
Subject   Re: st: Multistage sampling svyset
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:09:16 -0400

You said you had this problem "when I'm trying to estimate the proportion of study with CERTAIN ailments." [my emphasis] Does that mean you don't have this problem with other ailments?

You said 'The message that is given is "Note: missing standard errors because of stratum with single sampling unit."' Have you checked to be sure that all strata (communities) have at least two non-missing responses for each ailment? Have you experimented with the -singleunit()- option to -svyset-?