RE: st: Weighted summary table in STATA

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Weighted summary table in STATA
Date   Tue, 8 Jun 2010 20:36:24 +0200

But really Michael, I am not sure whether this is the answer to the
question. Ali seems to be quite happy with his regression, he just wants it
displayed properly.

So the -sum- option gives him an "unweighted" summary. But Ali, from the
fact that the # of obs is reduced to 69, b/c of 5 missings in "rep78", you
can infer that the weights are indeed respected in the output:

sysuse auto, clear
reg price weight length [iw=rep78]
outreg2 using myfile, replace sum

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Michael N.
Sent: Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 18:43
Subject: Re: st: Weighted summary table in STATA

Dear Ali

   First off, you will want to determine the "kind" of weight that you have.
You can see

   which talks about the different kinds of weights.

   Say that you determine that your weights are -pweights- and your weight
variable is
named -wt-. You can use such weights in an OLS regression like this...

. regress y x1 x2 x3 [pw=wt]

I hope this helps,

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata      -