st: dropping values

Subject   st: dropping values
Date   Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:24:06 -0400

I think there is a problem with dropping values of a variable.

I have a variable named so2conc and it has values 0 .2 .25 .3 .4 .5 .6
If I use
drop if so2conc==0.2
nothing gets dropped.

If I use
egen so2=group(so2conc)
and then
drop if so2==2
then I get dropped what I need dropped.
I think the problem is that so2conc is stored as a real value.

Has anyone else had this problem or is there something written about
avoiding this problem?

David J Svendsgaard, PhD
EPA/ORD/NCEA/RTP, Mail Drop B-243-01
Research Triangle Park, NC 27711