RE: st: Poisson regression -not concave-

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Poisson regression -not concave-
Date   Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:02:32 +0100

There's also a flavour of circular argument if the response is y and one of the predictors is (y > 0).

Maarten buis

--- On Mon, 7/6/10, Paolina Medina wrote:
> I'm trying to run a poisson regression model in which the
> dependent variable is the number of mobile phones from the
> households, and among other explanatory variables i am
> using a dummy wariables which takes the value of 1 when
> the household has at least one cell phone and zero
> otherwise.

Sounds to me you want to do something like a -zip- rather
than a -poisson-, i.e. you want to handle the zero counts
differently from the other counts.