st: RE: AW: RE: RE: RE: hetprob - first Stata version

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: AW: RE: RE: RE: hetprob - first Stata version
Date   Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:57:40 +0100

Not so, as far as I can recall. In older versions of Stata that I can
remember, -help- on what's new was restricted to what's new in each
version.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

The -whatsnew- only go back to -whatsnew6-, which records fixes during
the
lifetime of Stata 6. The new features for release 6 must have been in
something like -help whatsnew5to6-, which I cannot access from my
Stata...

Nick Cox

-hetprob- was introduced as an official Stata command in Stata 6. (Old
manuals, is an answer to the last question.)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Martin Weiss

So apparently there was a version on ssc, still accessible at -ssc d
hetprob-. If you have Stata -ssc type hetprob.ado-, you will see that it
sets -version- to 5.0, and gives a release date of "07mar1997", which
would
indicate that it first appeared under 5.0, as in
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/history.html.

Martin Weiss

You can always -which- the thing to see the version, in this case -*!
version 3.13.7  09jun2009-. Or -hsearch- for it, and see which
-whatsnew-s
come up. It is mentioned that there were fixes to it in Stata 8, and
whatsnews 6-7 do not show any entries for it. So it is "quite old", as
my
guess. Why does its age matter, btw?

uatz@mail.uni-mannheim.de

Does anyone know which version of Stata introduced the command
-hetprob-?
(Or where to look for the answer.)