st: a2reg and bootstrapping std error

From   Modhura Maitra <>
Subject   st: a2reg and bootstrapping std error
Date   Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:59:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I am trying to run an a2reg on employer-employee data and want to bootstrap the standard errors of the coefficient. Could somebody please tell me the correct way of using  bootstrap with a2reg?

I run this without the bootstrap:
a2reg wage age age2 experience experience2, individual(person_id) unit(firm_id) indeffect(person_effect) uniteffect(firm_effect) xb(covariate)

To get the standard errors clustered at the level of individual I used:
"bootstrap, cluster(person_id): a2reg...." and
"a2reg ..., vce(bootstrap)".
 None of them works.

Help please,