st: stata generated wrong lagged values for mi data

From   jl591164@albany.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: stata generated wrong lagged values for mi data
Date   Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:42:55 -0400 (EDT)

My data is panel data in mi format. I used the following syntax to
generate several lagged varaibles(one time point lag) one by one:

mi tsset ID time
sort ID time
by ID, gen lagx=l.x

But i found that the generaged lagged values of panels were wrong. How i
may fix it? Thanks a lot.

Junqing