Re: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem with xi (Stata 11)
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2010 09:27:18 -0500

Walter Garcia-Fontes ([email protected]) reported a problem
with -xi- in Stata 10 and Stata 11 on a machine running Ubuntu
Linux 10.04.  We have reproduced the problem and are fixing it.

In Ubuntu Linux 10.04, a change was made to an operating system
library which could result in Stata's data being corrupted.  We
first became aware of the problem with Ubuntu 10.04 one week ago,
and have implemented a fix in Stata 11 which is currently
undergoing certification here at StataCorp.  An update containing
the fix will be released tomorrow or the next day.

This change in Ubuntu 10.04 also affects Stata 10 for Linux.
As soon as the Stata 11 update is out the door, we will certify
and release an update for Stata 10, which will likely be a week
from now.

The only operating system that is affected by this is Ubuntu
Linux 10.04.  That is why others on the list were unable to
to replicate the problem.

--Alan Riley                  --Hua Peng
  [email protected]              [email protected]