st: Binary Variables

From   Natalie Trapp <>
Subject   st: Binary Variables
Date   Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:00:10 +0200

I have a problem concerning Dummy Variables.

I use a Dummy Variable for 150 regions within the EU27. When I regress the model, I use one region as a reference group, but Stata still automatically omits four to five more regions. Is it maybe because the regions are too similar in their characteristics so that I have to build groups of similar regions? Or is there another way how I can do the regression with all regions of interest?

Kind regards,