st: what does it mean the default for -mfx- is discrete when it is evaluated at the mean?

From   Nirina F <fstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: what does it mean the default for -mfx- is discrete when it is evaluated at the mean?
Date   Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:09:02 -0400

Hello,
I have a dummy for dependent and main independent variable. I am using ivprobit.
When I try to get the marginal effects, mfx  shows you that the
default setting is 'discrete', that is, evaluate the marginal effect
of a dummy going from 0->1. But it is evaluated at the mean (and under
x it shows 0.37 for the independent variable) so I am a little bit
confused about the interpretation of the marginal effect.
Thank you for your help.
Nirina