st: Solving a System of Equation in Stata

From   "C.T. Shehzad" <>
Subject   st: Solving a System of Equation in Stata
Date   Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:19:20 +0200

Dear Stata Users:

I am trying to solve a system of equation in stata. I understand how to
do it in excel but its implementation in stata looks problematic so your
help will be quite useful.

To determine two unknowns C and Y, I have a simplified system of two
equations like

X= Y*[{(Y/D + (g + C/2)}/C] - Z*D*(A-C)
Z = (Y/X)*[{(Y/D + (g + C/2)}/C]*C

Is it necessary to use Mata for solving this or some other package or
command can do the trick?

Thanks and best regards,