st: AW: new package zoib available from SSC

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: new package zoib available from SSC
Date   Sun, 30 May 2010 20:05:55 +0200

ssc d zoib

does not show any help file for the main package. Am I missing anything here?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Sonntag, 30. Mai 2010 19:57
An: stata list
Betreff: st: new package zoib available from SSC

Thanks to Kit Baum a new package -zoib- is now available
from SSC. -zoib- fits by maximum likelihood a zero-one
inflated beta distribution to a distribution of a variable
depvar. depvar ranges between 0 and 1: for example, it may
be a proportion. -zoib- will estimate the probabilities of
having the value 0 and/or 1 as separate processes.  The
logic is that we can often think of proportions of 0 or 1
as being qualitatively different and generated through a
different process as the other proportions.

Those who are interested can install it by typing in Stata
-ssc install zoib-.  Moreover, I will give a talk on it at
the German Stata Users' meeting in Berlin on June 25th

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen