Re: st: How do I graph prediction of mean growth trajectory?

From   David Torres <torresd@umich.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: How do I graph prediction of mean growth trajectory?
Date   Sat, 22 May 2010 20:52:54 -0400

Hello,

I actually came upon the link Nick provided in a previous post (http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/faq/mar_graph/margins_graph.htm) while I was working on this earlier today. The graph I was able to produce does seem useful in that it shows the difference in slope between child IQ scores of the different maternal IQ classes for both the control and treatment groups. I wonder, though, if I'm missing something by not showing growth. ???

Since the data include assessments at several time points (8 to be exact), should I not want a graph of the adjusted means at each time by maternal IQ and treatment group assignment? And shouldn't it be curvilinear given the quadratic? I guess I would like a growth curve that takes into account significant interaction effects.

David Diego Torres, MA(Sociology)
PhD Candidate in Sociology