Re: st: can the total sampling weights be applied to subsample analysis

From   jl591164@albany.edu
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: can the total sampling weights be applied to subsample analysis
Date   Fri, 21 May 2010 13:40:16 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks. That is acturally what i did, useing survey set first, then svy,
subpop(). The subpop() option will use all cases in the calculation of
standard errors, but only the subsample in the calculation of the point
estimates. So, the total sampling weights will be used in the caculation
of standard errors of subsample. I have a follow up question. How the
total weights are applied to point estimates of the subsample by subpop()?