st: RE: set seed

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: set seed
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 23:06:33 +0200

<>
-set seed- is intended to make random number generation replicable. Where is
the random element in what you are trying to do? It would be better if you
could provide your code so listers can see for themselves.

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of sun samn
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Mai 2010 22:13
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: set seed

Hello, there,
     I do optimization ( actually is GMM). The calculation only works at the
seed of '110110'. Otherwise, I get the error message-the initial value not
feasible. If under the seed of 110110,  no matter what initial values I set,
the value function does not converge--it ends at .914161. Does someone help
me out with this?
Thanks a lot!

samn