Re: st: texdoc

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: texdoc
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 10:53:54 +0100

A possible tool for doing reproducible research, if your colleagues prefer Microsoft-readable output, is the -rtfutil- package, downloadable from SSC (if you have Stata Version 11) and from my website (if you have Stata Version 10). The -rtfutil- package is intended for use with the -listtab- package, also downloadable from SSC (if you have Stata Version 11) and from my website (if you have Stata Version 10).

The -listtab- and -rtfutil- packages are both part of a suite of programs for producing output datasets (or resultssets), which are Stata datasets with one observation per "result". These "results" are typically (but not always) confidence intervals. Resultssets are useful if you want to plot results (as for a presentation) as well as tabulating them (for a submitted journal article). More about resultssets can be found in Newson (2004). Note that the -listtab- package is intended to replace the older -listtex- package.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. From datasets to resultssets in Stata. Presented at the 10th UK Stata User Meeting, 28-29 June, 2004. Download from
http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/usug04/16.html

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute