st: RE: Residuals Index Influence Plot

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Residuals Index Influence Plot
Date   Tue, 18 May 2010 19:42:03 +0100

Just one "gentleman" on the list? Well, we are a rough lot otherwise.

I don't have the book, but -indexplot- in the user-written -modeldiag-
package should do much or all of this directly.

-search indexplot- and look for gr0009_1 as software source.

Ladies and Gentleman,
In STATA 10, I am trying to create a residuals index influence plot, as
shown in Applied Linear Statistical Models, 4th Ed., Neter, Kutner,
Nachtsheim & Wasserman, page 382.

After creating a Cook's D variable, the STATA Syntax for the plot is as

 scatter cooksD obs, connect(1)

However, the above syntax does not label the high influence and outlier
observations in the graph.  Is there a syntax which might better label
those observations?