RE: st: How to rename value label names to match variable names?

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: How to rename value label names to match variable names?
Date   Mon, 17 May 2010 13:20:33 +0100

-labvalclone- (read "lab val clone") is as Martin says part of -labutil- on SSC.

Stata 11 users can now use -label copy-.

-labvalclone- remains of possible use to users of Stata 7 .. 10.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Anna Reimondos

Thank you all for your further suggestions.
With the labmask, I had not realised that the label values were
dropped, so yes I would definitely need to use the decode option.

The labvalclone was another program I was not aware of and testing it
on my data it worked perfectly. The ds, has(vallabel)
is also good to know because initially when if was using "foreach var
of varlist _all { " to loop through the variables and was consequently
creating labels on variables such as ID or weight which did not
initially have labels.