Re: st: tsset multiple imputation panel data

From   weddings@stata.com (Wesley D. Eddings, StataCorp)
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: tsset multiple imputation panel data
Date   Wed, 12 May 2010 14:31:40 -0500

Jun Qing <jl591164@albany.edu> asked how to apply time-series settings to
multiply-imputed data:

> I need to generate lagged predicting variables for the multiple imputation
> panal data. To gerenrate lagged varaibles, i need to teset the data first.

> However, i tried tsset id time and get the error message of "repeated time
> values within panel". I think that is casused by the five multiple imputed
> datasets and now saved in one database.

> Then i tried tsset id time _mj. The error message says "too many variables
> specified." Can anyone advice me on how to solve this problem?

It looks like Jun has MI data in the -ice- format.  In Stata 11 we can import
-ice- data with the -mi import ice- command.  Then we can use -mi tsset-, which
applies time-series settings to data in -mi- format.  The help files for the
commands are -help mi import ice- and -help mi tsset-.

--Wes
weddings@stata.com