Re: st: RE: Different results for Fixed and Random Effects models Using STATA and SAS

From   Talal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Different results for Fixed and Random Effects models Using STATA and SAS
Date   Tue, 11 May 2010 10:11:59 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your comment and sorry for my shallow explanations of the problem. Below is the command and result comparison between SAS and STATA.
I have slightly unbalaced data for 4 regional areas of GB.

a-	For Fixed Effect:

SAS:

proc reg data=chapter3.all_area;
Model Ln_qdt = Ln_qdt2 Ln_vkm Ln_income Ln_F deregulation_dummy Time_Trend London_dummy Mets_ dummy Scotland_ dummy Wales_ dummy;
test  London_dv = Mets_dv = Scotland_dv = Wales_dv = 0 ;
run;

STATA:

regress   Ln_qdt Ln_qdt2 Ln_vkm Ln_income Ln_F deregulation_dummy Time_Trend London_dummy Mets_ dummy Scotland_ dummy Wales_ dummy

b-	For Random Effect:

SAS:

proc panel data=chapter3.all_area;
ID area year;
Model Ln_qdt = Ln_qdt2 Ln_vkm Ln_income Ln_F deregulation_dummy Time_Trend / RANONE BP VCOMP=WK
;
run;

STATA:

iis area
 xtreg qdt Ln_qdt2 Ln_vkm Ln_income Ln_F deregulation_dummy Time_Trend, re theta

	SAS
Model	FE	RE		FE (STATA) RE(STATA)
 	Coeff.	Coeff.		Coeff.	Coeff.

Ln F	-.108	-0.09892		-.108	-0.06321
Ln VKM	.114	0.135992		.115	0.082707
Ln Income	-.560	-0.52503		-.566	-0.297
Ln Qdt-1	.695	0.747298		.692	0.924061
Der. DV	-.046	-0.04975		-.047	-0.05055
TT	.011	0.010877		.011	0.00887

Mets	.196			0.198
Scot	.153			0.154
Wales	-.023			-0.023
constant	5.999	 	 	5.908

F	        3624.282		3618.020
R2 (Adj.)	.997	0.973		0.9969	0.9967
Durbin-Watson	1.703

(Incremental) F	5.57 (0.0015)	5.57 (0.0015)
Breusch Pagan Test	0.00 (0.9781)	0.00 (0.9779)
Hausman Test	2.34 (0.8859)	20.16 (0.0026)