st: Re: matched trend test with more than one control

From   "Joseph Coveney" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: matched trend test with more than one control
Date   Tue, 11 May 2010 23:09:08 +0900

George Savva wrote:

Does anybody know of a way in Stata to run a stratified non-parametric
trend test (extended Mantel-Haenszel test)?

findit npt_s

at the command line and then follow the hyperlinks.

If you're looking for something even more general than that user-written
command, then I've written a command that does everything that SAS's PROC FREQ .
. . / CMH does.  I haven't got around to writing a help file for it yet, because
I've first been plodding my way through all of the pertinent examples in Maura
E. Stokes, Charles S. Davis, Gary G. Koch, _Categorical Data Analysis Using the
SAS System_ Second Edition (Cary: SAS Institute, 2000).  I can send you the
ado-file if -npt_s- doesn't cover what you're looking for.

Joseph Coveney