st: Different results for Fixed and Random Effects models Using STATA and SAS

From   Talal <talalesm@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Different results for Fixed and Random Effects models Using STATA and SAS
Date   Mon, 10 May 2010 10:29:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have estimated Fixed and Random Effects models for panal data which are slightly unbalanced using SAS and STATA

the two softwa estimated totally different parametres for Ranndom Effects Model, and slightly different one for Fixed Effects one res.

Is this due to diffrent estimation approches? What are these since I have to report them on my study?

For Hausman test: I also got major differences between the two softwares.

Is this due to diffrent estimation approches too? What are these?

Is the 2 software deals with unbalanced data in different ways?

I am very thankful for any answers.