Re: st: Survey question

Subject   Re: st: Survey question
Date   Tue, 4 May 2010 13:49:39 -0400

Michael Norman Mitchell <Michael.Norman.Mitchell@gmail.com> :
Not if you stick with your SRS design--but there is a free lunch; if
you stratify you can reduce the variance, and if you stratify and use
unequal probabilities of selection, you can (with some luck or
foresight) reduce your variance substantially.  What's the population?
 Usually clustering will substantially reduce your costs and enable
you to get a bigger effective sample size, but that is not true of all
populations.