st: AW: Graph Title Problem

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Graph Title Problem
Date   Tue, 4 May 2010 17:05:46 +0200

Your email wraps so it is hard to tell what you really want to happen. You can play around with this example, which works for me:

capt prog drop myprog

prog def myprog
	vers 11
	sysuse auto
	hist mpg, tit(My Graph) subtitle("`1', PM2.5 Data from AQS")

myprog Raleigh

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 16:54
An: Statalist
Betreff: st: Graph Title Problem

I'm trying to write my first program (version 11), and I've run into a problem I can't seem to sort out and would appreciate help with:

I'm constructing a graph. I've assigned a macro `1' to "Raleigh" and everything works EXCEPT for this: subtitle("`1'"" PM2.5 Data from AQS") outputs centered under the title as

PM2.5 Data from AQS

subtitle(""`1'", PM2.5 Data from AQS") doesn't output at all.

What I want to output is     Raleigh, PM2.5 Data from AQS