st: AW: how to find the integral for a portion of a normal distribution.

Subject   st: AW: how to find the integral for a portion of a normal distribution.
Date   Tue, 4 May 2010 09:38:42 +0200

<>

Have you had a look at -h integ- yet?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Buzz Burhans
Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. Mai 2010 04:58
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: how to find the integral for a portion of a normal
distribution.

My weak math skills are showing up here -

For demonstration purposes, I have generated a set of 100,000 observations
with a normal distribution, mean 2.02, SD 1.74 and visualized this data and
the portion of observations above 1  with a histogram

drawnorm x , means(2.02) sds(1.75) n(100,000) clear
hist, xline(1)

I also computed the proportion of the observations <=1 from the Z score.

What I don't know how to do in Stata is find the integral for the
proportions of the distribution above and below 1.

How can I determine those two integrals in Stata?

Thanks

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group
So. Albany, VT / Twin Falls ID