Re: st: mim: gllamm and estimates store

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: mim: gllamm and estimates store
Date   Mon, 3 May 2010 18:34:08 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 3/5/10, wrote:
> I need to fit a three-level logistic model on imputed datasets. I
> read somewhere and it says that mim support gllamm. But when i try
> -mim:gllamm-, I got the error message "command gllamm not recognised
> by mim; try specifying category option". Is there a way to fix this
> problem?

Yes, you need to do exactly what the error message says: specify the
-category()- option... For more, see -help mim-.
> A second problem is that "estimates store xtlogit1" command fails to
> save the estimates after fiting a model using mim:xtlogit. The error
> message says "last estimts not found, nothing to store".

You need to specify the -storebv- option in -mim-. For more, see
-help mim-.

Also see: John B. Carlin, John C. Galati, and Patrick Royston (2008)
"A new framework for managing and analyzing multiply imputed data in
Stata", The Stata Journal, 8(1):49--67.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie