Re: st: creating variable from svy: proportion

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: creating variable from svy: proportion
Date   Mon, 3 May 2010 11:43:24 -0400

How were the weights constructed, Guy?   For some constructions, the
estimates for individual cooperatives could be quite biased, and
re-weighting might be necessary.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Guy Grossman <> wrote:
> Dear Stata listers,
> forgive me for posting such a basic question. I am using Stata 10.1 to
> analyze an original stratified three-stage cluster sample survey in
> which observation are farmers (individuals) sampled from groups
> (pocode) themselves sampled from larger farmer cooperatives (dccode).
> isb17 is a dummy variable measured at the individual level. I am
> trying to create a variable at the PSUs level (dccode), which is the
> proportion of farmers in the cooperative that have  isb17==1.  I am
> reluctant to use the collapse command given the survey design.
> svyset dccode [pw= pweight], strata (strata) fpc(fpc1) || pocode,
> fpc(npos) || _n, fpc(popop)
> svy: proportion isb17, over(dccode)
> What I am failing to do, is to take the e(b) from ereturn and generate
> a variable that represents isb17==1 at the dccode level.
> Help would be highly appreciated.
> Cheers,
> Guy
> *