st: AW: creating variable from svy: proportion

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: creating variable from svy: proportion
Date   Mon, 3 May 2010 16:28:34 +0200

You may want to explain what you are failing to achieve with an official

use, clear
svy: prop race, over(sex)
mat l e(b)

-svmat- can turn matrices into variables, btw.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Guy Grossman
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Mai 2010 16:21
Betreff: st: creating variable from svy: proportion

Dear Stata listers,

forgive me for posting such a basic question. I am using Stata 10.1 to
analyze an original stratified three-stage cluster sample survey in
which observation are farmers (individuals) sampled from groups
(pocode) themselves sampled from larger farmer cooperatives (dccode).
isb17 is a dummy variable measured at the individual level. I am
trying to create a variable at the PSUs level (dccode), which is the
proportion of farmers in the cooperative that have  isb17==1.  I am
reluctant to use the collapse command given the survey design.

svyset dccode [pw= pweight], strata (strata) fpc(fpc1) || pocode,
fpc(npos) || _n, fpc(popop)
svy: proportion isb17, over(dccode)

What I am failing to do, is to take the e(b) from ereturn and generate
a variable that represents isb17==1 at the dccode level.
Help would be highly appreciated.