st: how do I balance a panel by adding the missing years?

From   Elisabetta Gentile <eg7@njit.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how do I balance a panel by adding the missing years?
Date   Sat, 1 May 2010 19:47:15 -0500

Hi Everyone!

I have an unbalanced panel of floods by country by year, from 1980 to
2009.  My problem is that the missing years are not missing: they're
just years when there were no floods.  How do I add the missing years
by country, populated with zeroes?  I've tried a few things, but all I
get is error messages.

I'd really appreciate the statalisters' input!
Thanks in advance,
Elizabeth