st: How do I create a new observation that is the sum of two observations?

From   "Aiyar, Shekhar" <Shekhar.Aiyar@bankofengland.co.uk>
Subject   st: How do I create a new observation that is the sum of two observations?
Date   Sat, 1 May 2010 21:06:03 +0100

I have a dataset with about 200 observations (rows) and 1000 variables (columns). I want to add two of those observations (rows) together to create a new observation. As far as I can make out, gen and egen can only be used to create new variables, not new observations. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shekhar

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named above and any other use is prohibited. It may contain confidential information. If you  received this e-mail in error please contact the sender by return e-mail.

The Bank of England does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message if it has reached you via the Internet, as Internet communications are not secure. Any opinions expressed are those of the
author and are not necessarily endorsed by the Bank of England.

Recipients are advised to apply their own virus checks to this message .

This e-mail has been scanned for known viruses by the Messagelabs SkyScan Service.